Monday, January 17, 2011

Photo Books

When i was in school, I always kept sketchbooks, they were filled with sketches and ideas, and i would always cut out examples of good design that would inspire me. So when i needed to design or come up with ideas, I had a book full of inspiration. And as i am shooting more and more i am always trying to come up with poses and angles and interesting ways to process photos. So i have started a Photo reference book. My Nephew Jakob is also interested in photography, so i helped him start his own photo book. But there was one stipulation, we will put one image per page and then he has to write a sentence or two about why he likes the picture he chose. I think that is a great way too learn why you like what you like. So for any of you learning a craft, find things that interest and inspire you and deconstruct it.

thanks for stopping by

ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment