Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 159/366

"Go into the light"

I love the feel of having the sun in the shot, whether it be back lit stuff or lens flare. Without the light in this shot, I think this would be a very boring picture, but the fact that the building trails off into white, is what makes this shot interesting. I shot this as a bracketed sequence, but after seeing this shot, I knew I didn't want to bring back any of the blown out sky. I had looked at a couple different Toned versions, but once I did the straight Black and White version I knew it felt like a much stronger image.

And I specifically framed it to have the other buildings just peeking in on the edges. Thought it would help create a little tension. :)

I took a bunch of other shots and haven't made it through them all, But if any of the other ones turn out this nice as this one, I might have a little series going on.

As always thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment