Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 194/366

"Don't hurt 'em Hammer!"

Sorry for the title, I had to do it. Gotta give MC Hammer props whenever possible.

Anyway, this is one more from the Bellingham Highland Games. There is a net that surrounds this event, to protect spectators should the hammer slip out of the hands of the athletes. But all I saw was a distraction, so I figured I would just stick my camera on tripod inside the net and hope for the best.

This location lasted for 5 maybe 6 competitors and I got nervous, since I am not sure if the insurance I have, covers for this kind of accident. Luckily nothing went wrong and I think it made for some pretty cool images. This is Charlie Latt, he was nice enough to not let the hammer slip and smash my camera into smitherines.

I am leaving tomorrow to head out to the Olympics. Not the ones in London, the ones we have here in Washington.

Thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment