Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 98/366

Alright, I was feeling much better today and finally started ingesting the images into my MacPro. I figured i would just start chronologically in my approach to showing my Daily photos.

I was very excited for this years East Coast Photoshop World. I hadn't been to Washington DC since I was 12, so i don't remember all that much, although i do remember there being a little more water in the Reflecting Pool. Anyway, for the week, I thought i would rent an 85mm f1.2 Lens. The  rep had warned me that at 1.2, the Depth of Field is like a razors edge. So naturally i had to test this.

I had flown into New Jersey and stayed a day visiting family before I drove to DC, So I got in a quick trip to Atlantic City, mainly to get my iPad replaced. So i was shooting everything at 1.2, just to get a feel for shooting this thing wide open. So how shallow is this lens as 1.2? I think i found a great example.

Image one is my Daily Image. This is the famous Atlantic City Boardwalk.

I know i am penalizing myself having a vertically cropped image, but it works better for the image. So if you click on the blurry photo, you will see a couple of yellow slivers in focus and everything else is out of focus. Those yellow slivers are from the yellow center line that runs down the middle of the Boardwalk. I have included a reverence photo of said Yellow Line.

Razors edge indeed. I absolutely loved that lens. Unfortunately it's way down on the list of new gear I want/need. So i will rely on the fine folks at www.lensprotogo.com to have it when i need it.

Thanks for stopping by.








No comments:

Post a Comment