Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 126/366

Alright, So I was on a trip with  out to the LaPush area of western Washington. It was a 4 hour drive each way, so we had lots of time to chat. So we get into a discussion about the reverse critique on the grid, and I mentioned that there are very few waterfall shots that inspire me. So of course he spots this what can only be described as a creek off the side of the road. So we pull over, and of course I had to get down there and give it my best shot. I couldn't really verbalize why I didn't care for most waterfall shots. But as we were shooting the sun started peaking through the trees, and then there was just a hint of steam and atmosphere whisping of the trees. And I started to see something that interested me. And I think thats what I miss in most waterfall shots. It's that they are usually surrounded by trees and very few have sunlight and atmosphere.
So anyway, this was the best of the shots I took, And honestly we crawled down and had the tripods in the water to try and make this creek look impressive. I think we did a fairly good job.
Anyway I couldn't pick which Version I like. I think the Black and White is classic and may be my choice in 20 years. But the color version is also interesting. So I am interested in which version you prefer? So +1 the version you like the best.
Hey  Did you finish any of your shots from here, would love to see what you came up with.

Take care everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment