Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 128/366

So we head to LaPush Washington. This was the final destination of the trip that took us by the waterfall from a couple of days ago.  and I headed to the infamous Second Beach. We made our way and arrived at the Second Beach Parking lot. And unfortunately that's as close to second beach as we got. You see, from the Second Beach parking area, you can see down to First Beach and the directions for how to get to Second Beach were a little scarce. And not knowing any better, we assumed the massive Sea Stacks and beach before us, was Second Beach. So we headed down and had a little over an hour to scout our epic sunset location. But as we kept comparing the shots that Matt had on his phone to the sea stacks in front of us, we slowly realized that we were at the wrong beach. But we were too far away to get over to the actual Second Beach.
Not all was lost, we still had this awesome scenery in front of us. And while some clouds had started to move in, I was creating some really interesting skies. The only drawback to First Beach vs Second Beach was that there was a Jetty that ran from the beach out to in front of the island. So it prevented us from being able to shoot the islands surrounded by water. But I had driven 6 hours to get there, so I knew I was gonna try my best to get something. I made my way to the Jetty and figured I would try and use the Jetty as my focus. So using the idea of having things in the Foreground that was written about by  I set to shooting a bunch of different angles and trying different things in my foreground. One of the things I love about this image is the waves came in and wrapped around the rocks and then receded, so it gave really cool texture and dimension to the water.
This is one of the shots that made the trip worth it. And I will now have to go back and shoot Second Beach.





No comments:

Post a Comment