Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 138/366

"Micro Refinery"

So I got the new PS CS6 installed and had these image from the local refinery. I had gone out to one of the overlooks to await the "Almost Supermoon" meaning it was the day after, but who knew the moonrise shifted by more than an hour. So while I was waiting I decided to shoot some of the refinery that was in front of me.
And while I was processing the images, I decided to play with the new blurs in PS6. And in doing so the part of this image I gravitated to most was the STARBURSTS. There were just so many of them, so I bumped up the contrast and exposure to help make them pop. Then used the tilt shift blur to help create separation. Echoing back to  post from a few days ago, I had no idea where I was going with this one, I just let the image speak to me and tell where it wanted to go.
I am pretty happy with where this one ended up.

And I know I am a little late to the Tilt Shift Blur Party, but it's a cool effect if used right.



No comments:

Post a Comment