Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 131/366

Today I was getting through more of the Pre Conference images. One of the "Generals" I shot most was great, and willing to walk wherever I needed him to go, so you will see him a few more times over the next week.

The day was spent at the Sully Plantation, in addition to the tents that were set up by our Civil War Re-Enactors, there was also buildings on site. The first thing we did when we arrived was walk around and get an idea for what would be good at the end of the day when the light got good. My friend  and I saw this building and thought it would be good. This was the day I had the 85 1.2 on my camera, so I was looking for ways to take advantage of it. So we had seen the porch of this building had some cool columns, So later in the day I had approached one of the Generals to head over with me.

The sun was just at the angle where the porch was in shadow, so he had to step to the edge and lean into the light. I tried to set it up as if he was looking out at the troops and contemplating his next move.

This is one of those times when you are on a group photo trip where it's hard to get a completely original shot. I had brought him over and was working with him to get the shot and as I was finishing I turned around and was surprised to see 10 to 15 photographers behind me waiting to get the shot. But thats also what makes group shoots great, if you are new or low on inspiration, just hang out and shoot what other people are shooting. At least you will have images from the day. The first time I went on the Photo Safari in Vegas, I was really trying to work on shooting more models. So I was one of the people that kind of hung around and shot what other people were shooting.

Thanks everyone for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment